MENTAL MALADIES: TREATISE ON INSANITY, by E. Esquirol & E. K. Hunt - 1845 FIRST EDITION
Mental Maladies: Treatise on Insanity
by E. Esquirol
Translated by E. K. Hunt
First Edition. Philadelphia: Lea and Blanchard, 1845
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Rebound in buckram with original spine labels.
- Boards show some dirt and smudges throughout. Corners are bumped and scuffed.
- Spine is darkened with scuffing around edges. Spine labels are chipped. (Please see photo)
- Binding is secure.
- Bookseller sticker on front pastedown.
- Writing in ink on FFEP and title page. (Please see photos)
- Marginal writing in pencil on Translators Preface. Some pages show minimal underlining or marginal marks in pencil.
- Interior is age-toned and exhibits light/moderate foxing throughout.
- Text block edges are foxed.
496 pages. 6X9.5 inches.
Translated from French. First edition in English. "The first modern textbook of psychiatry. Esquirol succeeded Pinel at the Salpetriere, and was the first lecturer on psychiatry." (interior) Contains detailed chapters on hallucinations, mental alienation, epilepsy, melancholy, demonomania, suicide, idiocy, and more.
EDITION POINTS: First edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore