MEDICAL HINTS & HELPS FOR WOMEN, by S. Pancoast - 1894
Medical Hints and Helps for Women
by S. Pancoast
A splendid medicine reference book filled with useful hints for the health and well-being of woman. Lavishly illustrated with black & white diagrams and color plates as well as fold-out plates, Pancoast's volume represents a thorough study which renders it not only an invaluable reference guide to knowledge and health, but also an exceptionally detailed work on anatomy and medicine. 660 pages. 5.5 x 8 inches.
Rare Salesman Sample. Lavishly illustrated with black & white diagrams and color plates. Includes elaborate human anatomy illustrations that open to show internal organs, complete with tab lift-ups for a better sense of the anatomy. Complete with tables and statistics at end of volume.
Published by: International Publishing Co., Chicago and Philadelphia, PA, 1894.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Volume shows pronounced wear with rubbed covers and missing spine piece, as well as overall wear inside.
- Red blind-tooled covers display handsome decoration with title in bright gilt on front.
- Boards display pronounced wear from strong rubbing with chips along edges on front, and rubbing as well as fading of gilt on back. (See photos)
- Corners are severely rubbed with exposed boards.
- Spine piece is missing exposing signatures and sewing, including some detached remnants of spine piece, binding material, and glue. (See photos)
- Binding is fragile with a 1.25" split from foot along hinges and gutter near title page. (See photos)
- Nicely decorated endpapers exhibit moderate toning with some staining. (See photos)
- Illustrated leather returns over boards. (See photos)
- Internal organs diagram shows some toning and is on detached signature with title page. (See photos)
- First page of book is present but detached.
- Interior is gently age-toned with some occasional shadows, smudges, and finger marks, mostly marginal.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages display occasional chipping and closed tears at edges, with pronounced toning. (See photos)
- Text block edges show severe toning and some staining along foot, with green marbled decoration along head. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore