MANHATTAN TRANSFER, by John Dos Passos - 1925 [1st Ed]$150.00
by John Dos Passos
A beautiful first edition, first printing of the American author's novel on the history and development of urban life in the city of New York. Realistic and profound, the stories and characters take us for a journey in the heart of the Big Apple from the Gilded Age of the 1900s to the Jazz Age through overlapping individual stories. 404 pages. 5.25 x 7.75 inches.
First edition. First printing. Colophon has "K-Z".
Published by: Harper & Brothers Publishers, New York and London, 1925.
Hardback is in overall VERY GOOD condition.
- Color illustrated covers show moderate signs of wear including overall rubbing and fading, with small parts of illustrations rubbed off from outer corners. (See photos)
- Boards show some overall rubbing with pronounced rubbing on corners.
- Corners are rubbed with exposed boards. (See photos)
- Spine has remnants of faded textblock and displays considerable fading.
- Spine ends and shoulders are severely bumped and chipped, with cloth coming off 1.5" along back shoulder. (See photos)
- Binding has a little play from cracked hinges, but is otherwise secure.
- Pastedowns exhibit some age toning, mild to moderate foxing, and residue of unknown nature. Back ffep has two gentle creases at lower corner.(See photos)
- Interior is gently age toned with some scarce marginal foxing, creasing, small closed tear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages 349 to 372 display mark seemingly from punch on upper right corner. Possibly from publisher. (See photos)
- Some pages show edgewear and cutting irregularities.
- Text block edges exhibit mild overall toning and some more severe darkening at upper edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.