LEGAL RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF FARMERS, by Geo. W. Hood - 1880 Leatherbound Forms
Legal Rights and Duties of Farmers
by Geo. W. Hood
Published by: Inquirer Printing and Publishing Co, Lancaster, PA, 1880.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Volume shows moderate overall wear to covers, and mild aging inside.
- Half leatherbound.
- Covers feature colored marble design on paper, and exhibit overall fading and rubbing.
- Boards display notable edgewear and are exposed at areas.
- Corners are mildly bumped.
- Spine cracked and chipped. Spine piece is partly gone, showing binding glue.
- Red titleblock with gilt is detached, and is preserved inside book. (See photos)
- Binding is intact, with areas in volume where gutter is slightly splitting.
- Front cover is loosely hanging on to textblock by threads. Shoulders are cracked.
- Interior is mildly age-toned with scarce small stains.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show expected toning and light foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
This volume constitutes a complete reference guide on the acquisition, possession and tending of a farm in America at the end of the 19th century, giving theoretical as well as practical advice to live successfully and peacefully as a farmer. It constitutes a good piece of history as well, being an accurate image of what farming was like at the time of the book, and the conditions for owning a farm, as well as the protection to which farmers were entitled.
Includes a table of cases as instances, as well as a section of legal forms on the lease of a farm, endorsement, promissory notes, etc.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore