LA TROISIEME JEUNESS DE MADAME PRUNE, by Pierre Loti & Foujita - 1926 [Ltd. ed, Plates]
La Troisieme Jeuness de Madame Prune
The Third Youth of Mrs. Plum
by Pierre Loti
illustrated by Foujita
Limited edition. Paris: Les Editions d'Art Devambez, 1926
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD slipcase.
- Custom full leather binding has blind tooled and inked illustration.
- Boards show a little age at shoulders. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with firm ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Gilded marble end papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Binders stamp N. HUTIN inside front cover. See photos.
- Frontispiece is present and has intact tissue guard.
- Illustrations are clear. Eleven full aquatint plates plus six half plates; all have tissue guards. Scattered foxing in margins.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits scattered foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Matching custon slip case is covered in marbled paper and has leather trim at opening.
- Slip case shows some splitting at edge. See photos.
175 pages. 8.75 x 10.75 inches
Limited edition of Pierre Loti's 1905 tale set in Japan, showcasing aquatints by the Japanese-French artist Tsuguharu Foujita (1886-1968). Fine custom binding features full leather covers with illustration and ornate marble paper pastedowns and end papers.
This is book #346 of 445 copies made. Details of the edition are found in the front matter and in the colophon (see photos).
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore