KIN O' KTAADN, by Holman F. Day and Amy Carol Rand - 1904 [1st ed., Verse]
by Holman F. Day
illustrated by Amy Carol Rand
First edition. Boston: Small, Maynard & Company, 1904
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Dark green cloth covers are mostly clean, with gilt text and illustration.
- Boards show some bumps, dings, edgewear. Corners are bumped and scuffed. See photos.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with crushed ends.
- Binding is firm; at pg. 77 opening stitches are visible. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps have a few marks, owner's name on front fep.
- Frontispiece, a portrait of the author, is present and has intact tissue guard; a small smudge in margin. See photos.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Contents pages have some pencil marks and annotations. See photos.
- Text block edges have gilt along head, a small ding along fore edge. See photos.
- Publisher's catalogue pages follow the text.
252 pages. 4.5 x 7 inches
The third volume of stories in verse about life in Maine by Holman F. Day (1865-1935). The title refers to Mt. Katahdin, beneath whose metaphorical shadow Mainers live their lives. Born in Vassalboro, and a graduate of Colby College, Day wrote stories and poetry for numerous periodicals. These stories capture the diction, the occupations, and the sense of humor of the Pine Tree State.
A handsome, stylish book, with the cover designed and the stories illustrated by Amy Carol Rand in a style informed by Art Deco but never cliche'.
First Edition (4,000 copies), May 1904.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore