JACOB LAWRENCE: THE MIGRATION SERIES, ed. by Elizabeth Hutton Turner - 1993 [Signed 1st ed.]
Jacob Lawrence: The Migration Series
edited by Elizabeth Hutton Turner
First edition, signed by the artist. Washington DC: The Rappahannock Press/Phillips Collection, 1993
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Glossy black wraps are mostly clean, with full color illustration and white titles.
- Wraps show some smudges, bumps, a dent at head edge, edgewear. Corners are bumped. See photos.
- Spine has white text and is bright with firm ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Half title page has marks at head edge. Inscribed and signed by the artist. See photos.
- Frontispiece, a full color image, faces the title page.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits marginal toning. A water stain at lower corner, starting at the back of the book. See photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
172 pages. 10 x 11.25 inches
Jacob Lawrence (1917-2000) was an American artists who bore witness to the experiences of Black Americans in the 20th century. His Migration Series of paintings on panels was the subject of an exhibition organized by the Phillips Collection in Washington DC in 1993. This catalogue was prepared in conjunction with the exhibition, and it features a full reproduction of the Migration Series of paintings, together with essays that provide historical and cultural context.
First Edition. Signed and inscribed by the artist on half-title page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore