HANDBUCH DER GESHULFE, Ludwig Friedrich Froriep - 1804$125.00
Theoretisch-Praktisches Handbuch Der Geburtshulfe zum Gebrauche bei Akademischen Vorlesungen und fur angehende Geburtshelfer
by Ludwig Friedrich Froriep
Published by: Landes-Industrie-Comptoirs, Weimar, 1804.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Volume is in good overall condition with moderate wear to covers, and occasional tears to pages inside.
- Quarterbound leather.
- Covers feature dotted design, and display overall fading with edgewear and rubbing occasionally exposing boards.
- Boards are exposed at corners, where leather has entirely rubbed off on upper corner of front. (See photos)
- Spine features light brown titleblock with gilt, and exhibits pronounced rubbing, with some darkening and cracking.
- Binding is secure.
- Front fep displays signature from previous owner.
- Pastedowns display some shadows.
- Interior is gently age-toned, with scarce occasional foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Several pages inside show damage with tears and creases. (See photos)
- Textblock edges show some toning, with foxing along foot.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
475 pages. 5 x 7.75 inches.
A 19th century reference on obstetrics, for historical and medical reference. Each step of a birth, natural related processes, and the assistance needed, are described in detail to help the student get an overall and precise understanding of the science of obstetrics. A practicing surgeon as well as publisher, the author was closely acquainted with Johann Wolfgang von Goethe. He was also the father of a physician and the beginning of a family of medical inclinations, and the son of theologists.
Second Edition, revised and improved. Includes a fold-out copper plate showing the various stages of pregnancy. With preface and introduction.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.