HAM HOUSE: ITS HISTORY AND ART TREASURES, by Charles Mrs. Roundell - 1904 2 Vol
Ham House: Its History and Art Treasures
by Mrs. Charles Roundell
Very scarce two volume set. A wonderful history of this famous house. Built in 1610, it has passed through a number of owners, most notably Dysart and Tollemache. These volumes contain portraits of those who lived here along with views of its magnificent interior and exterior. Total of 155 pages with index in Volume II. 11.5" by 15.5".
Published by George Bell and Sons. London, UK. 1904.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards are half-bound in red cloth and vellum corners and spines with gilt lettering and crest. Each volume shows light to moderate soiling to the vellum while the cloth remains clean.
- Corners are sharp with light bumping.
- Spine, firm and square, has gilt lettering and design detail.
- Binding is firm.
- Vol. I, ffep bears an inscription.
- Frontispiece and accompany tissue guards are clean and intact.
- Plates and accompanying tissue guards are clean and intact.
- Interior is gently age-toned with occasional foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Deckling edges.
- Each heavy paper DJ features gilt lettering and a crest on the front and both show varying wear:
The DJ of Volume I shows a 2.5" tear to top front, scuffing to the corners, chips off the bottom edges and spine ends while the back shows three areas where part of the paper is pulled back with two sections measure 3.5" by 1" and a thin hole to the mid spine, and light scuffing to the surface.
- The DJ of Volume II is peeling at the top front with a 1" tear to the bottom left corner, medium chips off spine spine ends, with exposed corners and light scuffing to the surface.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore