FRENCH SONG-BOOK, by Katherine Anne Porter - 1933 [Signed Ltd Ed]
French Song-Book: A Selection of Immortal French Songs - the French text, with the traditional music, and a new singing version in English.
by Katherine Anne Porter
Rhymed verse "transcriptions" / translations of classic French songs, with each tune being introduced with a story of its origin or authorship. Music was transcripted by Paul Koch. 76 pages + contents. 7.75 x 11.25 inches.
SIGNED and hand-numbered as #53 of 595 printed on cream-coloured Van Gelder pure-rag paper
Published by: Harrison of Paris, Paris. 1933
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Binding is secure and firm.
- 1/4 bound with red buckram at spine and blue paper covers, with bright gilt on head of text block and brilliant gilt on spine.
- Board corners are unique, being wrapped in white.
- Covers exhibit minimal wear or aging, with 2 light bumps along head edge, and only a few tiny light spots on boards.
- Interior is lightly age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of marginalia and intentional marks.
- A handful of pages remain uncut along fore edge.
- Crown edge of text black has blue ink; other edges are deckled, as is typical with fine paper of this vintage.
- DJ is age-toned with some soiling and moderate edgewear.
- Dust jacket spine is tanned, with chips at both ends and one in middle, as well as 2 closed tears..
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.