ESCAPE THE THUNDER, by Lonnie Coleman - 1944 [1st Ed]$95.00
ESCAPE THE THUNDER, by Lonnie Coleman 1944 First Edition Fiction Tragic Love
Escape the Thunder
by Lonnie Coleman
The DJ reads, "A swaggering, contemptuous bully, Josh Johnson was the two-bit tyrant of Day Street. It wasn't until Luther Walker came back from the penitentiary that anyone dared to stand up to him. (Luther had served six years, convicted -on Josh's testimony- of killing a man in a drunken rage.)"
185 pages. 5.75" by 8.25"
Publishing Info: E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc. New York 1944
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition, with a FAIR DJ.
- Stated first edition
- Very scarce with DJ
- Deckled edges on fore-edge of textblock
- Interior is free of any writing, underlining, highlighting or any other intentional marks
- NOT price clipped
- Binding is secure
- Front cover shows faint foxing towards bottom edge
- Head and tail of spine show some shelfwear
- Bookplate on front pastedown
- Light to moderate staining to pastedowns and endpapers
- DJ has mylar cover, backed by archival paper
- DJ shows chips off all corners and head and tail of spine, largest chip is off back upper left at 1"
- DJ shows small chips off back spine edge
- Back of DJ shows light staining and soiling
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com