ENGLISH PRISONS [Vol 3], by Major Arthur Griffiths - c.1910 [Ltd Ed - Grolier]$75.00
The World's Famous Prisons Series
Millbank Penitentiary: An Experiment in Reformation
by Major Arthur Griffin
SUBTITLE: An Account of the State of Prisons from the Earliest Times to the Present Day, with the History of Celebrated Cases
Arthur George Frederick Griffiths (1838-1908) was a military historian, prison administrator and prolific author, who worked for awhile as a military correspondent for The Times newspaper. [Wikipedia] 323 pages. 6 x 9.25 inches.
Publishing Info: The Gorlier Society. London.
Overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- From title: "Willbank Penitentiary, An experiment in Reformation".
- Blue cloth cover with white panel on spine with red title.
- Spine head and foot are slightly rubbed from shelfwear, as are corners and edges of overboards.
- Boards are otherwise in very good condition.
- Gilted top of textblock. Exterior is deckled edges, interior is clean.
- Front hinge is weak, webbing is showing.
- Stamp on front pastedown.
- Binding is secure.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear