DRESDEN TYPES, by Gottlob More - 1895 [prints folio]
12 lithographs by Gottlob More
This beautiful collection of unattached lithographs in full-color by the German artist, features some of the trademark personalities of the Dresden of the nineteenth century. The splendid images portray the various classes of society, from the Royal Coachman to the Milkwoman or the Chimney Sweeps, to be found in the city of Dresden. They give a rare insight into the life of Dresden at the time, just as they show the skill and refinement of the artist's style. Dresden Type is a collection not to be missed by any art lover, and those fascinated by the environment of historic Dresden. Pages not numbered. Approx. 26 pages. 12.75 x 17.25 inches.
Full-color chromolithographed from 1 to 12 with plate 9 missing. Else complete. Captions in German with English translations.
Published by: Carl Tittmann, Dresden, 1895.
Portfolio is in GOOD condition.
- Publisher's cloth portfolio houses 11.5" x 17" plates in well-preserved condition.
- Covers feature text and lines in gilt, on front, and are red and gray.
- Boards display edgewear, with small occasional bumps, and are exposed at corners which also show some bumping.
- Covers exhibit notable wear with overall darkening and some scattered black stains and residue, as well as some brown stains on back with a small indentation to lower right corner on back.
- Unbound with frayed spine which shows textblock. (See photos)
- Back cover's fore edge is frayed with loose thread.
- Interior displays moderate toning, with occasional smudges, fingermarks, stains, and foxing.
- Illustration plates are well-preserved with mild toning, staining and smudges. Plate 9 is missing, otherwise all plates are prese
- Some pages display minor edge creases and rubbing.
- Front pastedown has loose piece of assorted gray paper, bearing orange felt pen writing indicating frame dimensions. (See photos)
- Back pastedown has open pocket, previously for keeping plates stored. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore