DOUBLETAKES, by Susan Unterberg & Henri Cole - 1999 [Signed, Ltd Ed/350]
by Susan Unterberg & Henri Cole
For some years Susan Unterberg has been seeing double with her camera -- from her bold early diptychs of fathers and sons; to her abstract landscapes, which make us feel we are looking out over the side of a boat at still water, solacing ourselvers, while seeing the gleam of our own image mixed up with pebbles, roots, rocks and sky; to her most recent Double Takes, in which two frames fool us into believing they cannot be one. To my knowledge, the last is the first instance of this phenomenon in American photography. Features full color reproductions on glossy paper accompanied by cut-out overlapping frames on the facing page. Includes the original slip case. Following the artist's work is the verse poem 26 Stations of Herself, by American poet Henri Cole. Unpaginated. 10.25" by 8.25".
Signed limited edition published by The Metropolitan Museum of Art. New York, NY. 1999.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, in a VERY GOOD+ slipcase.
- Yellow cloth covers feature the title to the front and exhibit light sunning along the edges, otherwise the covers remain free of major signs of age or wear.
- Spine has red lettering and remains firm and square.
- Binding is firm.
- Endpapers are a textured card stock.
- Colophon includes limitation statement as well as Susan Unterberg's signature.
- Interior exhibits faint pen marks and scuffing otherwise in respectable conditio.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Red cloth covered slip case is present and exhibits minor soiling though remains free of major signs of age or wear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore