DEATH IS A LITTLE MAN, by Minnie Hite Moody - 1936 [1st Ed]$110.00
Death is a Little Man-
by Minnie Hite Moody
Very scarce First Edition in a very scarce dust jacket, published by: Julian Messner. New York. 1936.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition, with a FAIR DJ.
- Dust jacket features a street illustration with a red background that had sunned to yellow on the spine.
- Three .25" tears to bottom edge with curling and .25" by 1" chip off top edge.
- Corner scuffed.
- Small chips off spine head.
- Moderate soiling to back which features a bio and photo of Moody.
- Red cloth boards show staining and spotting to top back third.
- Front board excellent.
- Light smudges to fore edge.
- Illustrated pastedowns and endpapers.
- Interior very clean.
- Binding tight.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
274 pages. 5.75" by 8".
A novel about the South and the people who live there with a focus on the black experience. "'Death is a Little Man' is far from being just another southern novel; it is a new kind of novel about the forgotten South that has always been. It is a story of those friendly, superstitious, passionate, lazy, sudden and joyous men and women who are the South. Without them there would be no South at all." Dialogue rendered in African American Vernacular English.
Minnie Hite Moody (1900-1993) wrote 5 novels in addition to 30 years as a journalist for local papers as well as national women's magazines.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks