CYCLOPEDIA OF USEFUL ARTS, by Charles Tomlinson - 1852 [2 Vol]
CYCLOPEDIA OF USEFUL ARTS. by Charles Tomlinson - 1852 [2 Volumes] Industry
Cyclopedia of Useful Arts
by Charles Tomlinson
Very scarce two volume set, publication years of 1852 and 1854 printed on spines. Handsomely rebound in yellow leather with six raised bandds on the spines along with two red title blocks with gilt. These massive volumes are illustrated with 40 steel engravings and 2,475 wood engravings. Volume I cover Abbatoir to Hair-Pencils while Volume II covers Hammer to Zirconium. 832 and 1,052 pages. Each volume measures 6.75" by 10.25".
Published by: George Virtue. London. 1852.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- B&W frontis in Volume I.
- Boards in excellent condition.
- Marbled endpapers and pastedowns flawless.
- Note in light pencil on front endpaper of Volume I.
- Moderate foxing to frontis and title page of Volume I otherwise interiors very clean.
- Binding tight on both volumes.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com