CY TWOMBLY: A MONOGRAPH, by Richard Leeman - 2005 [DJ, English ed.]
Cy Twombly: A Monograph
by Richard Leeman
English Language edition. London: Thames & Hudson Ltd., and Paris: Editions Flammarion, 2005
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Tan cloth covers are mostly clean, with red text.
- Boards show some edgewear and damage at back cover shoulder. See photos for details of condition. Corners are bumped.
- Spine has red text and is bright, with bumped ends.
- Binding has a little play at back cover.
- End papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are bumped at lower corner. See photos.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear, bumped corners, closed tears along head edge, bumping along foot and head edges, some staining to back, price sticker.
324 pages. 9.75 x 12.25 inches.
A monograph of the work of American artist Cy Twombly (1928-2011), which interprets Twombly's oeuvre through close study, following both a thematic and chronological progression from the late 1950s to the early 2000s. Twombly's deeply sophisticated work is a profound articulation of the language of memory and desire, from a place in which painting, drawing and writing merge into a single art form. (from the book jacket)
364 illustrations, 344 in color.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore