COMING FROM THE SUBWAY: NEW YORK GRAFFITI ART, Groninger Museum - 1992 [Signed]
Coming from the Subway: New York Graffiti Art
Geschiedenis en ontwikkeling van een controversiele beweging
Signed, text in Dutch. Groningen, Netherlands: Groninger Museum and Benjamin & Partners, 1992.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated wraps are mostly clean, with multi-color text and illustration.
- Wraps show some bumping, edgewear. Corners are bumped. See photos.
- Spine has pink and white text and is creased, with scuffed ends. See photos.
- Binding is secure; opening at pp. 96-97 shows crease. See photos.
- Title page signed and inscribed by artist Crash, whose work is shown inside. See photos.
- Illustrations in full color are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear; an adhesive page tab is present at pg. 94. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a little edgewear at foot.
319 pages. 10 5/8 x 9.5 inches
Great volume published to coincide with an exhibition of Graffiti art at the Groninger Museum. Includes essays by Greg Tate, Steven Hager, Jack Stewart and others. The artists featured include The Godfather of modern Graffiti, Seen, A.One, Blade, Bill Blast, Crash, Daze, Dondi White, Futura, Keith Haring, Koor, Lee, Noc-167, Phase 2, Lady Pink, Quik, Rammelzee, Toxic and Zephyr with examples of each artist's work. One of the best graffiti books, and without the doubt the best book on New York graffiti. Sadly no English language edition has been published.
Oblong 4to in format; text in Dutch.
Inscribed to Mary and signed by the artist Crash on Title Page, with transfer impression on following page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore