CARVED INCISED GILDED AND BURNISHED, by Erika Jaeger Smith - 2000$95.00
Carved Incised Gilded and Burnished: The Bucks county Framemaking Tradition
exhibition and catalogue organized by Erika Jaeger Smith
Doylestown, PA: James A. Michener Art Museum, 2000
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 1879636123
- Illustrated cover features a photograph of a frame with the center cut out revealing the title of the book.
- Wraps show some light edgewear and shelfwear. (See Photos).
- Corners are bumped.
- Spine has black text against a white background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently aged-toned and exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
64 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches.
The use of frames for individual works of art dates back to the Medieval period and we have seen expressions of the frammaker's art grow and evolve over the course of many centuries. American frame making came into its own in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, when the Arts and Crafts Movement created a renewed interest in handmade objects. Here in Bucks County, important craftspersons associated with this movement added their own voices to the development of American framaking.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore