THE RECORD OF A HAPPY LIFE: Being Memorials of Franklin Whitall Smith, by H.W. Smith - 1874
The Record of a Happy Life: Being Memorials of Franklin Whitall Smith a Student of Princeton College by his Mother H.W. Smith
by H.W. Smith
Essentially a compilation of letters from Franklin to his mother during his time spent at Princeton College. With a heavy religious overtone, it mentions wonderful times spent in Trenton, NJ where a cousin lived. 209 pages. 5" by 7.5".
Published by: J.B. Jippincott. Philadelphia, PA. 1874.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Includes a B&W frontispiece of Franklin.
- Green cloth boards feature a black illustration surrounding bright gilt title design.
- Shows moderate scuffing and bumping to corners.
- Spine head shows tear with .25" piece missing from tail.
- Hinges cracked.
- Name in pencil on front endpaper.
- "A Dedication" written on page opposite frontis.
- A few light stains to interior. Overall clean.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.