A REVIEW OF THE EXCISE-SCHEME, by William Pulteney - 1733
A Review of the Excise-Scheme
by William Pulteney Bath
This antiquarian edition presents a brilliant argumentation in rejection of the Excise-Scheme, in answer to a pamphlet mentioned in the continuation of the title: "In Answer to a Pamphlet, entitled The Rise and Fall of the late projected Excise, impartially considered. With some proper Hints to the Electors of Great Britain." In this the author discusses the function of the several legal bodies, trade, and the possibility of a government which would satisfy the people, in relation with the late excise-scheme. 71 pages. 5 x 7.75 inches.
Ex-library with bookseller sticker and stamp. Text in old font.
Published by: H. Haines, London, 1733.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Volume shows notable wear from rubbing and fading.
- Boards feature elegant colored marble design and display moderate fading mostly along edges.
- Quarterbound in leather.
- Ex-library sticker on front cover.
- Corners are rubbed with some darkening along edges.
- Spinepiece is missing with some remnants and cracking.
- Binding is intact, with some loosening at hinges.
- Pastedowns display bookseller sticker on front, and residue from ex-library pocket at rear. (See photos)
- Interior is moderately age-toned with some scarce foxing.
- Some pages have stamp mark from library. (See photos)
- One page has a chip to front edge, and another page a 6" tear along gutter. (See photos)
- Text block edges are toned with some darkening along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore