LAODICEA, by William Edgar Geil - 1897$125.00
Laodicea, or, the Great Sermon of the Stones
by William Edgar Geil
Doylestown, PA: George S. Ferguson Co., 1897
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays minor overall wear and aging.
- Covers feature blue text and designs on front, and display foxing along borders, more on front than back.
- Wraps exhibit some edgewear, with a small chip to foot corner of front, and a 0.25" closed tear along fore edge of front, as well as one of same length to title page, also on fore edge. (See photos)
- Spine is foxed and creased, and shows two tiny holes.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior exhibits gentle toning throughout and is well preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show expected toning, as well as some foxing to foot.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
60 pages. 5 x 7.5 inches.
Laodicea, or the Great Sermon of the Stones is the story of the author's travels to ancient Greek city of Laodicea, and his visits to the ruins, along with what he learned there and along the way. He invites readers to learn, through the tale of his travels and discoveries, about the teachings of Jesus-Christ.
Dr. William Edgar Geil (1865-1925) was an unordained American evangelist, explorer, lecturer, photographer, and author of 10 books related to his travels. He lectured all over the world, illustrating his talks with lantern slides. He is the first American documented as having traveled the entire ~1,500 miles of the Great Wall of China. [Wikipedia]
Volume includes an introduction by author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.