TYPOGRAPHICALLY SPEAKING: THE ART OF MATTHEW CARTER - 2003 [1st Ed]
The Art of Matthew Carter
by Margaret Re, Johanna Drucker, and James Mosley
A nicely constructed and arranged volume that examines the influence of Matthew Carter on the world of typography. Filled with B&W and color illustrations accompanied by essays such as Typographic Intelligence: The Work of Matthew Carter, Reading Matthew Carter's Letters, Reviving the Classics: Matthew Carter and the Interpretation of Historical Models and A Checklist of Typefaces Designed by Matthew Carter which is written by Carter. Notable contributions from Joanna Drucker and James Mosley. 104 pages. 9" by 13".
Softcover is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- ISBN: 1568984278
- Illustrated paper wraps are clean with stylized lettering and illustration.
- Boards show minimal signs of age and wear such as faint white marks and what appears to be offsetting to a large area of the board.
- Spine is square with lettering.
- Binding is strong and feels unread.
- Interior aspect of the front board bears signature and date in ink.
- Illustrations are clean and vibrant.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages are bright and crisp.
- Text block edges are clean.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
|Special Attributes||1st Edition|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||United States|