THE OLD MANSIONS OF ENGLAND, by S.C. Hall - 1856 [1st Ed., Illustrated]
The Old Mansions of England
by S.C. Hall, F.S.A.
First edition. London: Parry and Co., 1856
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Marble paper covers are half bound in tan cloth, with black spine label and gilt title.
- Boards show aging, with creased corners and heavy edgewear. Corners are worn, with exposed board. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Spine has gilt text on black label and is clear, with bumped and softened ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps are deeply toned. Have some moderate foxing, and owner's marks.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is age-toned, with deep toning on some gatherings. Scattered light to moderate foxing throughout, two small chips out of final leaf. Please see photographs for details of condition.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
Unpaginated. 10 x 13.5 inches.
Description and history of old mansions in England. Embellished with 235 engravings on wood.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore