THE COSTUMES OF FRANCE, by Aline Keim - 1931
The Costumes of France
presented by Aline Keim
New York: French & European Pub.Inc, 1931.
Plates are overall in VERY GOOD condition, in a FAIR bound shelf portfolio.
- Plates are well preserved, showing gentle aging with rare stains. (See photos)
- Colors are vibrant on plates.
- Two plates exhibit light stains. (See photos)
- Images are evenly and gently toned.
- Some plates exhibit minor edgewear, mostly under 4mm, of gentle rubbing and bumps.
- Booklet is not bound as published with mild scattered foxing, mostly to exterior.
- Portfolio shows overall toning and wear as well as chipping and fraying along edges.
- Boards can be tied together at fore edge with faded yellow ribbons. (See photos)
- Boards display mild staining along shoulders, as well as some bumping of corners.
- Spine is in red cloth, and is faded and frayed, with title hand-written in black on spine.
- Portfolio has been mended with transparent tape along spine. (See photos)
- Item may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
60 plates. 9.75 x 11 inches.
This portfolio presents in 60 plates the most notable costumes worn in the various provinces of France including Normandy, Burgundy, the surroundings of Lyon and many other regions. It presents a wide overview of the national styles and their diversity, as each costume is represented in its vivid colors and distinctive character. Imparting its originality to each particular province, the way of dress reflects the customs and way of life that varied according to the region, of its people, and is a touching record of the past.
Features 60 color plates in pochoir technique - a highly refined technique of making fine limited editions of stencil prints [Wikipedia] - Includes 3 pages of introductory text.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore