THE ART OF REUBEN KRAMER, by Theodore L. Low - 1963 [Signed & Inscribed w/Drawing]
The Art of Reuben Kramer
by Theodore L. Low
A beautiful tribute to the art of the sculptor. Passionately discussing his art and style, and the very special characteristics which made his works successful in an era populated with various new movements and artists, Theodore Low's study is also biographical, as he relates, in connection with the various works which are presented in the illustrations, the steps of Kramer's life, his interest in the past of art yet his independence from it, and the context of his creations and inspiration. The volume is divided in several parts focusing on his life and works, and the two distinct elements of Kramer's art, his bronzes and his drawings. Realized with the artist's collaboration, this book proves an invaluable, deep and heartfelt record of the life and course of a great sculptor. 112 pages. 8.75 x 11.25 inches.
Signed and Inscribed with Drawing, by the artist. Signed by the author on ffep. Lavishly illustrated with more than 35 black & white plates of bronzes and over 20 black & white plates of drawings, as well as photographs of the artist and his artworks in text pages, all captioned. Includes a table of contents, and a biographical text.
Published by: The Walters Art Gallery and The Rinehart School of Sculpture, Baltimore, MD, 1963.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition with mild overall toning and wear.
- Quarterbound in white with white titleblock on front cover and title in black.
- Green paper covers are mildly worn with some toning and fading to upper edge and titleblock.
- Corners display slight rubbing.
- Spine features black text and is sunned with some barely perceptible stains on back shoulder, and a chip to foot. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Illustration plates are well-preserved on glossy paper showing toning even to that of text pages.
- Front pastedown displays signature with inscription and drawing of artist. (See photos)
- Front endpaper facing pastedown displays dedication and signature of author near upper edge.
- Interior is gently age-toned and otherwise well-preserved.
- Both pastedowns exhibit ballpoint pen inscription from previous owner. (See photos)
- Textblock edges are mildly toned.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore