SHIPS, MACHINERY AND MOSSBACKS, by Harold G. Bowen - 1954 [1st Ed]
Ships Machinery and Mossbacks: The Autobiography of a Naval Engineer
by Harold G. Bowen
FIRST EDITION. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1954.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays mild overall wear and aging.
- Gray cloth covers exhibit light overall toning, more pronounced along head edges.
- Spine features blue text with white decorative lines, and is notably sunned.
- Spine ends display some softening.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers display some foxing. Front endpapers have dark brown residue on lower part. (See photos)
- Interior is gently toned throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display mild commensurate toning, as well as mild foxing, with some dust and a small stain to foot corner. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
397 pages. 5.75 x 8.75 inches.
This autobiography offers a rare insight, not only into the life of a naval engineer with a successful career in the American Navy, but also and foremost into the American navy itself and the context of the post-War period. Written in a personal and detailed narration, it recounts the key events in the author's career, making it a very representative work on the career of a naval engineer in the US Navy.
Includes a foreword by William D. Leahy, Fleet Admiral in the US Navy, as well as a preface by the author.
EPHEMERA: cards from the Princeton University Press included inside.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore