PETER DOIG: NO FOREIGN LANDS - 2013$325.00
Peter Doig: No Foreign Lands
by Hilton Als; Stéphane Aquin; Keith Hartley; Angus Cook
Lavishly illustrated book featuring the work of Scottish artist Peter Doig (b.1959), well-known for his "exotic atmospheres and dreamy narratives." With an uncommonly rich color palette and a unique material sensibility, This extensive volume makes clear that he is also a sophisticated visual thinker, endlessly preoccupied with the process and history of painting. "No Foreign Lands" is the first publication to explore the conceptual underpinnings of Doig's oeuvre. [publisher] Includes over 200 paintings and works on paper from the past 13 years, among them new works never before published. Published in conjunction with the 2013 exhibition "Peter Doig. No Foreign Lands" at the Scottish National Gallery, Edinburgh. 224 pages. 9.75 x 11.5 inches.
Published by: Hatje Cantz Verlag, Ostfildern, Germany. 2013.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 9783775737234
- Light burgundy boards feature dark burgundy ink on front and spine, and have sharp corners and firm spine ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Endpapers feature two unique B&W illustrations.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks, excepting a small smudge on the final page.
- Text block edges are tidy with just one small smudge along head edge (please see photos)
- DJ exhibits minimal edgewear near spine ends.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore