OLIVER HERFORD'S BOOK OF ANIMALS, by Oliver Herford - 1906
Oliver Herford's Book of Animals
by Oliver Herford, with Pictures by the Author
A delightfully entertaining picture book about the animals who populate the Earth. From the tortoise to the Dachshund, all creatures deserve their place in nature and our imagination. Filled with witty comments and inspiring, thought-engaging poems to complete the beautiful illustrations, this is a rare volume to treasure and cherish. 99 pages. 8.25 x 8.5 inches.
Up to 50 monochrome illustrations. Includes "the Dachshund".
Published by: Bickers & Son, London, 1906.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Volume is in very good- condition with moderate wear.
- Color illustrated boards are paired with a faded cloth spine.
- Covers display pronounced wear from rubbing.
- Large chipped tear (.25" x 1.5") revealing exposed board towards fore edge of front cover. (See photos)
- Boards show overall rubbing and severe edgewear.
- Boards are exposed all along edges.
- Corners exhibit minor bumping and pronounced rubbing with exposed boards.
- Spine ends are considerably softened and rubbed with beginnings of chipping.
- Binding has a little play but is overall intact with all pages present.
- Some pages are partially detached or torn at gutter. (See photos)
- Endpapers are severely worn with toning, foxing and some darkening.
- Illustration plates are in well-preserved condition minimally affected by surrounding age-toning.
- Interior is moderately age-toned with occasional staining and foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have occasional marginal stains and some pages show corner tears like 59-62 or some small closed tears starting from edges. (See photos)
- Leaf 57-58 displays large