MILLBROOK: RECENSION OF 1997, by Art Kleps - 1998
Millbrook: A Narrative of the Early Years of American Psychedlianism, Recension of 1997
by Art Kleps
Austin, Texas: Kleptonian Neo-American Church, 1998
Softback Clear Acetate Cover is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 0960038868
- Illustrated cover features a black and yellow map of the Hitchcock Estate.
- There is a clear plastic cover over yellow softback cover.
- Book appears to be unread.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has no text and is white.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are in overall good condition.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
212 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches.
The Church was founded in 1965 or 1966 at Cranberry Lake, New York, by Arthur Kleps, a participant in Timothy Leary's circle based at the Hitchcock Estate in Millbrook, New York. The organization was founded partly as an absurdist religion, partly as a religious expression of the psychedelic movement, and partly as a device to gain religious exemption from American drug laws such as those outlawing LSD. Church clergy, known as Boo Hoos, claimed LSD as a sacrament. The original primary religious text of the church was The Boo Hoo Bible: The Neo-American Church Catechism and Handbook written by Kleps
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore