LILI DUJOURIE, by Bart Cassiman; Annelie Pohlen - 1989$50.00
published at the occasion of the 8 December 1989 - 11 February 1990 exhibition presented by Bart Cassiman
with texts by Annelie Pohlen, Bart Cassiman
Germany: Bonner Kunstverein, 1989.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 2906732214
- Volume displays minimal overall wear.
- Green/gray boards feature black text on front, and display barely visible foxing.
- Front cover exhibits minimal white staining along upper edge.
- Spine is minimally sunned with barely visible foxing.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are well preserved with little to no aging.
- Interior displays faint marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Head of textblock shows minimal foxing with some dust.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
95 pages. 7 x 9.75 inches.
This exhibition catalog presents the work of the Flemish artist in great clarity and insight, explaining her thought process to allow the spectator's understanding to be closer to the artist's mind, if not objective - for isn't art subjective by essence? Filled with essays, the catalog offers a path of understanding to grasp this intriguing work in its innermost meaning.
Lili Dujourie (b.1941) is a Flemish visual artist who works primarily in sculpture, painting, and video. She has held numerous solo and group exhibitions since 1968 and pursues her career. Her work focuses on time, the change between abstract and figurative, and the quest for an emotional aspect of space. [Wikipedia]
Lavishly illustrated with full-color and B&W photographs of the artist's works from the exhibition. Features essays by various artists, as well as highlights in German from the works of German philosophers. Text in French with full English translation at end of volume.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore