PALABRAS DEL SILENCIO DE SANTA ROSA DE LIMA, by Emilio R.B. Rivera - 2012 [Signed]
Las Palabras del Silencio de Santa Rosa de Lima o la Poesia Visual del Inefable
by Emilio Ricardo Baez Rivera
Published by: Universidad de Navarra, Iberoamericana, Madrid, 2012. Signed and Inscribed by author to Ronald Surtz, Professor at Princeton University. Text in Spanish. Includes a bibliography in appendix. 196 pages. 6 x 9 inches.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition.
- ISBN: 9788484896500
- Volume is in very good++ condition with minimal wear to covers and interior.
- Color illustrated covers feature orange, black and white text, and are well-preserved showing minimal wear limited to slight edge rubbing.
- Wraps have returns.
- Spine features colored text, as well as illustration design that wraps around from covers.
- Spine ends are minimally rubbed.
- Binding is secure.
- Title page shows blue ink signature and inscription of author. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Head of textblock shows a small brown stain near spine. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The first American-born person ever to be canonized as a saint, Rosa of Lima was known both for her life of severe asceticism and her efforts to care for the needy of Lima. Declared as a saint by the Catholic Church, she became the true patroness of Peru and the indigenous natives of Latin America. This beautiful work constitutes an invaluable study on the life of this exceptional person, as well as the historical context of her eventful existence. It represents an endeavor of rare depth and insight, being filled not with only anecdotes of the greatest historical relevance, always mentioned to shed light on the context of the life of the saint, but also with personal details on her life and character, to make possible a better understanding of the exceptional, extraordinary person that she was.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.