JAMES A. MICHENER: FIRST CITIZEN OF THE REPUBLIC OF LETTERS, by His Writing Colleagues - 1990 [1st Ed]
James A. Michener: First Citizen of the Republic of Letters, A Tribute by His Writing Colleagues
1st Edition. New York City: The Author's League Fund, 1990
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- Cover features orange text on evergreen boards.
- Boards are in overall near fine condition.
- Corners are sharp with some scuffing. (See Photos).
- Spine has orange text against an evergreen background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Front endpaper features a stamp from the James A. Michener Museum of Art in the lower right corner. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
54 pages. 6 x 9 inches.
A series of brief tributes and personal stories by just a few of the many writers who's lives were touched by Michener, including Judy Blume, Joyce Carol Oates, Carl Sagan, Frederik Pohl, Authur Miller, Herman Wouk, Norman Cousins, Annie Dillard, John Hersey, Peter S. Prescott
James Albert Michener (1907-1997) was an American author. He wrote more than 40 books, most of which were lengthy, fictional family sagas covering the lives of many generations in particular geographic locales and incorporating solid history. Michener had numerous bestsellers and works selected for Book of the Month Club, and was known for his meticulous research behind the books. [Wikipedia]
EDITION POINTS: 1st Edition
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore