INSCRIPTIONES GRAECAE ANTIQUISSIMAE, by Hermann Roehl - 1882
Inscriptiones Graecae Antiquissimae Praeter Atticas In Attica Repertas Consilio Et Auctoritate Academiae Literarum Regiae Borussicae
by Hermann Roehl
Berlin: Georg Reimer Press, 1882.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays minor overall aging and wear.
- Dark cloth covers exhibit mild overall wear and light dust.
- Rubbing has caused some thin white stains on back cover. (See photos)
- Edgewear is minimal. Fore edge of back board exhibits a small bump. (See photos)
- Spine has gilt lettering, and is a little faded with some overall rubbing.
- Binding is secure. Hinges show evidence of professional reinforcement. (See photos)
- Illustrations are well preserved.
- Interior is lightly toned, and shows occasional small smudges and rare stains.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges display moderate toning, as well as some stains to foot, and a scuff along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
193 pages. 11 x 15.25 inches.
This is a study of Ancient Greek Inscriptions, covering the various origins, alphabets, and versions of translations. It represents a remarkable work on epigraphy (stone carvings), closely examining the obscure passages in the given pieces in an attempt to shed light on the difficult words, and those that are sometimes half-erased.
Written in Latin, this is a series of line drawings and reproductions of inscriptions found on ancient Greek stonework, accompanied by Latin text (translations and annotations). Overall, the book is full of diagrams and line drawings.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore