FOUR YEARS IN GREAT BRITAIN 1831-1835 VOLUMES I & II, by Calvin Colton 1835$250.00
FOUR YEARS IN GREAT BRITAIN 1831-1835 VOLUMES I & II, by Calvin Colton 1835
Four Years in Great Britain 1831-1835 Volumes I and II
by Calvin Colton
Very scarce 1835 two volume set. The author compares American to British and European society with notes on William IV and George Washington, subsequent chapters cover travel by trains and stagecoaches, the topography and general view of London, crime and police of London, the British Parliament and the monarchy and aristocracy. 312 and 315 pages. 5" by 7.75"
Published by: Harper & Brothers, New York 1835
Hardbacks are overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Both volumes bound in gold cloth with raised fleur de lis
- Bindings are secure
- Both spines are sunned
- There are two tiny black spots on the tail of volume two
- Names and addresses on both front pastedowns
- Light foxing to back pastedown of volume I, heavier to back pastedown of vol. II
- Volume two shows one line underlined and one light pencil mark
- Volume two shows a few tiny chips off the fore edge of the last few pages
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com