FIVE PLAYS BY LANGSTON HUGHES, by Webster Smalley - 1963 [1st Ed]
Five Plays by Langston Hughes
by Webster Smalley
Presumed First Edition. Very scarce with dust jacket. Presents five plays: Mulatto, Soul Gone Home, Little Ham, Simply Heavenly and Tambourines to Glory. This is the first time Mulatto has been printed in English.
Published by: Indiana University Press. Bloomington, IN.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Dust jacket features B&W illustrations of a scene from each play and shows moderate scuffing to front and spine head and tail.
- The back features a photo of Hughs and a brief bio.
- Dust jacket backed with archival paper.
- Orange cloth boards show a tiny spot to upper right front otherwise excellent.
- Bookplate over what may have been a previous bookplate with some smudging on front pastedown.
- Signature at upper right otherwise interior very clean.
- Binding tight.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #artbooks #usedbooks #bookbotique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks