DECORATED BOOK PAPERS, by Rosamond B. Loring - 1942 [Limited 1st Ed]
Decorated Book Papers: being an Account of their Designs and Fashions
by Rosamond B. Loring
LIMITED FIRST EDITION, No. 38 of 250. Cambridge, MA: Harvard College Library, 1942.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is quarter-bound in black cloth with gilt lettering on spine, and features handsome color design on covers.
- Books displays gentle overall aging and wear, and is well preserved.
- Covers exhibit light edgewear, with some exposed boards to corners.
- Boards also display some scuffing to back near foot edge, and minimally to front. (See photos)
- Spine is minimally rubbed at ends, and overall remarkably well preserved.
- Binding is secure with minimal play.
- All plates are present. There are no tissue guards if they were ever issued.
- Interior is gently age-toned throughout, and well preserved overall, with rare smudges, not affecting plates.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are deckled along front and foot, with remnants of inking and dust along head. Foot corner shows a little soiling. (See photos)
- Lacking slipcase.
171 pages. 7 x 9 inches.
Volume is quarter-bound in black cloth, with gilt lettering on rounded spine, and handsome design on covers, as well as lovely endpapers with gray design.
Lavishly illustrated with tipped-in samples of endpaper designs. Includes a historical text and a technical text on the making of endpapers, as well as a list of early paper makers.
This magnificent volume is a collection of samples of some of the most beautiful endpaper designs covering a vast range of periods from eighteenth-century style to modern. The vast collection allows a fascinating overview of the evolution of designs and styles through these periods, showing the beauty and color of each of these styles. It additionally includes a thoroughly documented text on the making of endpapers, making this splendid volume a technical as well as historical guide on this very specific art.
EDITION POINTS: Limited First Edition, No. 38 of 250.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore
We invite you to view our Shipping & Returns policies, or to contact us with any questions.