CASES ADJUDGED IN THE COURT OF KING'S-BENCH, by Lord Hardwicke - 1769
Cases Adjudged in The Court of King's-Bench, in The Time of The Late Lord Hardwicke
by Lord Hardwicke
Handsomely bound in genuine calf, here is a vintage edition of the record of law proceedings at the court of King's bench in the author's time, all brought before Lord Hardwicke on a time span of five years, from the year 1733 to the year 1738. The record embraces a whole variety of proceedings from trials involving battery, bankruptcy, theft, all with details as to the conflicting parties, the exact time of the trial, and the nature of the case. The record is made complete with a table of names of the cases at the beginning of the volume, and an index defining the various types of cases, at the end. Margins feature footnotes explaining and detailing legalities. 424 pages. 8 x 12.25 inches.
Bookseller sticker. Bound in calf. Complete with table of names of cases at beginning of volume and index at end. Written in antique font. Explanatory footnotes in margin.
Presumed first edition. Published by: Elizabeth Lynch, Dublin, 1769.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall good condition with some pronounced aging on covers yet mild commensurate toning inside.
- Leatherbound covers are strongly scuffed with exposed paper board on some parts, leather having come off under the effect of wear.
- Boards exhibit severe edgewear with rubbing and chips all along borders, as well as splits and cracking at spine shoulders. (See photos)
- Edges show remnants of blind-tooled decoration.
- Corners show exposed boards with chips and surrounded by cracked and browned leather remnants. (See photos)
- Spine has red titleblock with gilt text, partly damaged by two large chips on both sides of lower part, and has raised bands, and shows general chipping and cracking of leather, from head to tail.
- Spine ends are severely worn with leather having come off paper boards, and splits towards shoulders.
- Binding is secure yet not tight, with some cracking at hinges and a beginning split along front hinge.
- Endpapers show moderate toning with mild scattered foxing.
- Featuring interesting bookseller sticker on front pastedown, as well as owner signature. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned with some light scattered foxing throughout, mostly marginal.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have scarce occasional creasing and are in heavy stock paper with minimal warping.
- Text block edges are moderately toned with darkening along foot and some scattered dirt and dust mostly along fore edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.