BOOKS ON WHEELS, by Mary R. Lingenfelter - 1943 [SIGNED]$475.00
Books on Wheels
Opportunities in Library Work
by Mary R. Lingenfelter
"This is the story of the making of a librarian. It pictures the difficulties faced, the education and training required, and the rewards that come to those who elect this profession. Books on Wheels will help today's young people to determine their fitness for careers in the library field. Prepared primarily for the independent reader, it will also be particularly useful to teachers of classes in Occupations, Social Studies, English and all other high school courses which dispense information about occupations." 147 pages. 5.25" by 7.5".
Third printing with the original illustrated dust jacket. Included is a list of related specialties within the profession, a list of accredited library schools, a bibliography, and a glossary of terms.
Third printing published by Funk and Wagnalls Company. New York, NY. 1943.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Blue cloth covers, with silver lettering to the front, are mostly clean, exhibiting only minor signs of wear and aging.
- Boards are gently scuffed and appear to exhibit mild discoloration along the perimeter with faint flecks to both the front and back.
- Corners are gently bumped, mostly notably the front top and bottom right corners and the back bottom right corner which exhibits defined creases.
- Spine, featuring silver lettering, exhibits softened ends.
- Binding is highly secure.
- Ffep bears an inscription signed by the author.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is gently scuffed and age-toned and exhibits edgewear with small portions missing from the spine ends and larger portions missing from the front bottom edge; right inner flap is creased.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore