BEFORE THE WAR: POEMS AS THEY HAPPENED, by L.F. Inada -1971 [Signed]
Before the War: Poems As they Happened
by Lawson Fusao Inada
SIGNED and inscribed by author to Alvin Aubert. Presumed 1st Edition, published by: William Morrow and Company, New York, 1971.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear and aging to covers and interior.
- White linen covers exhibit minimal edgewear with slight rubbing and bumping of lower back corner, and minimal dust to all corners.
- Spine has white text, and shows softening of the ends, that are also minimally toned.
- Binding is secure throughout.
- Author signature and inscription to Alvin Aubert on vibrant red front pastedown. (See photos)
- Interior is minimally toned. Includes a sheet from the Alvin Aubert English Wayne State University of Detroit, MI, 48202 with ballpoint pen writing of previous owner inside.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show a personal stamp on head. (See photos)
- DJ features red and black calligraphy with black text on front, and B&W photograph on back. DJ has sticker residue on upper front corner.
- DJ is not price-clipped, and shows stamp on front return.
- DJ displays mild edgewear with some rubbing and minimal toning, as well as a 0.5" tear along front shoulder towards head. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
124 pages. 5.75 x 8.5 inches.
Calligraphy by Norio Ozaki. Jacket design by Lucy Mahoney.
This volume features the work of the Japanese American author over a period of ten years, evoking the progression of his expression from his inexperienced beginning to his development as a truly unique poet. Deeply expressive of the Japanese heritage and its legacy to American poetry, his work has been claimed as an invaluable enrichment to American poetry, as representative of the American minority and the Japanese soul.
PROVENANCE: Signed inscription by author to Alvin Aubert on front pastedown. Also, inserted sheet from Alvin Aubert, English department, Wayne State University with ink gift inscription.
Wikipedia: "Alvin Bernard Aubert was a poet and scholar who championed African American culture and rural life along the southern Mississippi River. He grew up in Lutcher, Louisiana, and attended Southern University the University of Michigan and the University of Illinois."
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore