YEARBOOK of the NY STATE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY - 1971$65.00
State University At NY, Albany Yearbook
edited by Martin E. Benjamin
The State University Yearbook is not only a school yearbook, it is first and foremost a manifesto for the rights longed for by the young generation of these troubled times, a distress call for the peace and justice which has been the object of collective aspiration through centuries, and becomes even more desired in the present. Through the beautiful, striking photographs and school records, becomes apparent the hope of a generation, who was born in conflict and still lives in conflict, yet strives for happiness in the ever improving condition of a society growing closer to its ideals. William Saroyan's deeply moving text gives life to the photographs and images, while captions and dates place the pictures in their context. 320 pages. 9.25 x 12.25 inches.
FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated with black & white and color photographs and drawings.
Published by: Delmar Printing Company, Charlotte, NC, 1971.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Volume displays mild overall wear from general toning and some play in the binding.
- Black buckram covers feature white illustration on front, and exhibit slight scuffs towards upper edge on front as well as a light 1.5 " long brown stain along shoulder on back. (See photos)
- Corners are minimally rubbed.
- Plain black spine is lightly faded at ends, which also are softened mostly at head.
- Binding has some play.
- Hinges are fragile, with a gap between front endpaper and following pages.
- Possibly missing title page.
- Interior is mildly toned mostly marginal. Pages release a mild odor upon thumbing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are moderately toned with some scuffs along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore