YARROWSTALKS 3, by Brian Zahn & Robert Crumb - 1967[Rare]
by Brian Zahn
illustrated by Robert Crumb
Philadelphia, PA: David Auten and Brian Zahn, 1967.
Tabloid pamphlet is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated cover is mostly clean, with title in red and black ink, and cartoon art illustration.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- 11x16" format is folded at center front; upper right corner shows signs of bending.
- Interior has marginal toning; please see photographs for details of condition.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
8 pages. 11 x 16 inches.
Yarrowstalks, the brainchild of Brian Zahn, was an underground newspaper (and later a magazine), primarily based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Twelve issues were published between 1967 and 1975.
Crumb's work came to the attention of Zahn via the Underground Press Syndicate from the cartoonist's upbeat LSD-inspired illustrations for other underground newspapers. Crumb, whose origins were in Philadelphia, agreed to publish his first comix work in Yarrowstalks. The result was an all-comix, all-Crumb issue in Yarrowstalks #3.
Yarrowstalks #3 had a print run of 5000 copies.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore