XXE SIECLE: WIFREDO LAM - 1979
XXe Siecle: Wifredo Lam
Paris: Imprime Par Image, 1979.
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Contains two original lithos.
- Text in French.
- Boards show some scuffing, a tiny chip off top of front, and several small dents on back. Corners are gently bumped and scuffed. (Please see photos)
- Spine has black text with bumped ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Writing in pencil on front pastedown. (Please see photo)
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
124 pages. 9.5X12.5 inches.
"Wifredo Lam, was a Cuban artist who sought to portray and revive the enduring Afro-Cuban spirit and culture. Inspired by and in contact with some of the most renowned artists of the 20th century, including Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse, Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, Lam melded his influences and created a unique style, which was ultimately characterized by the prominence of hybrid figures." (Wikipedia)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore