WORLDS WITHIN WORLDS, by Robert D. Mowry - 1997$75.00
World Within Worlds: The Richard Rosenblum Collection of Chinese Scholars' Rocks
by Robert D. Mowry
Cambridge,MA: Harvard University Art Museums, 1997
Softback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 0916724921
- Illustrated cover features a photograph of a large rock with a pronounced overhang and perforations, from the 17th century.
- Illustrated wraps are in overall near fine condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has white text against a gold background.
- Perfect bound binding is tight and strong.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
317 pages. 8 x 11 inches.
The Rosenblum collection is the largest, finest, and most comprehensive assemblage of Chinese Scholars' rocks in the world. Richard Rosenblum, a sculptor and cybermontage print artist, has distinguished himself as a collector by not only gathering an enviable number of Lingbi rocks, probably more then any collector in traditional China, but also by assembling a comprehensive collection that includes excellent examples of all the major types of scholars' rocks. For this reason, no other collection in existence could support the kind of breakthrough scholarship offered here.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore