WORLDS IN COLLISION, by Immanuel Velikovsky - 1952 [Signed, 8th printing, DJ]
Worlds in Collision
by Immanuel Velikovsky
8th printing. London: Victor Gollancz, 1952
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Blue covers are mostly clean, with gilt title on spine.
- Boards show some wear, staining, edgewear. Corners are bumped and frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine has gilt text, dimmed, and is faded, with crushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have some staining, author's inscription, owner's notations.
- Ephemera, newspaper clippings, age toned, are inside back cover.
- Interior is age-toned; some stains at gutter as at pp. 190-191. See photographs for details of condition.
- Inside pages have scattered marginalia, underlining, and notes in the text. See photographs for details.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Behind Mylar, DJ shows age, staining at edges. Chipped head edge and spine ends; a closed split at shoulder.
384 pages. 5.5 x 8.5 inches
Immanuel Velikovsky (1895 - 1979) was a Jewish Russian-American psychoanalyst, writer, and catastrophist. He wrote several books using comparative mythology and ancient literary sources, including the Old Testament, to argue that Earth suffered catastrophic close contacts with other planets (principally Venus and Mars) in ancient history. These theories ran counter to the laws of physics and planetary motion, but they enjoyed substantial popularity.
Eighth printing, Signed and inscribed by author on free end paper.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore