WILD FLOWERS OF THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS, by Emma Homan Thayer - 1887
Wild Flowers of the Rocky Mountains
by Emma Homan Thayer
Originally published as Wild Flowers of Colorado, Thayer's text is accompanied by vibrant reproductions of her "original watercolor sketches drawn from nature." 54 pages. 9.75" by 12.5".
Published by Cassell & Company. New York, NY. 1887.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Cloth boards with beveled edges feature color illustration with gilt on front and tooled design to rear.
- Boards are darkened and scuffed with edgewear, most notably along the bottom edge where the boards are exposed. Rear cover also has prominent white marks.
- Binding is firm.
- There is a gutter gap between signatures between rear feps
- Corners are scuffed with exposed boards.
- Spine has gilt lettering and color design with crushed and damaged ends.
- Illustrated endpapers are free of intentional marks.
- Frontispiece is present with light toning, and intact tissue guard which is toned and shadowed.
- Includes all illustration plates and tissue guards, gently toned, with shadows on facing tissue. Please see photos.
- Interior is age-toned, with legible text with fading in places.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- All edges gilt.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore