WHITE SUPREMACY AND NEGRO SUBORDINATION, by J.H. Van Evrie, M.D. - 1868 [2nd Ed]$195.00
White Supremacy and Negro Subordination or, Negroes A Subordinate Race and (so called) Slavery Its Normal Condition: With an Appendix, Showing the Past and Present Condition of the Countries South of Us.
by J.H. Van Evrie, M.D.
2nd edition, New York: Horton & Co., 1868
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Green cloth board is in overall very good condition.
- Boards show signs of shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are bumped and frayed, bottom foot corner has exposed board. (See Photos).
- Spine has gilt lettering against a green background.
- Spine ends have worn head and foot. (See Photos).
- Binding is has some play.
- Endpaper has owners marks written in pencil as well as numerical marks.
- Front endpaper has 1/2 inch chip to side of page. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned and exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Pages 71 - 88 have bent corners. (See Photos).
- Mongolian plate has 1/4 of the front head corner missing. (See Photos).
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a few marks and an indent near the front corner.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
460 pages. 1.5 x 7.5 inches.
"This work has been selected by scholars as being culturally important, and is part of the knowledge base of civilization as we know it. If carefully and generally read, will dispel that terrible delusion which plunged us into Civil War."
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore