WESTERN ART AND THE NEW ERA, by Katherine S. Dreier - 1923 [1st Edition]
Western Art and the New Era:
An Introduction to Modern Art
by Katherine S. Dreier
First edition. New York: Brentano's Publishers, 1923
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Tan cloth covers are mostly clean, with red and black illustration and text.
- Boards show some smudges, edgewear. Corners are bumped. See photos.
- Spine has no text; ends are softened.
- Binding is firm. Some signs of separation at back cover and opening of page 100. See photos.
- Pastedowns and feps are age toned.
- Frontispiece, a Kandinsky Composition, is present and has intact tissue guard.
- Illustrated with black and white photo reproductions in the text.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits some smudges. See photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
139 pages. 6.75 x 10 inches
Originally a series of lectures by Katherine S. Dreier, President of the Societe' Anonyme Inc. (predecessor of the Museum of Modern Art, NYC), published as a book due to widespread interest. Dedicated to explaining Modern Art and its place in the continuum of art in the Western tradition.
Illustrated with black and white photographs.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore