WASHINGTON AND HIS MEN, by George Lippard - 1876
Washington and his Men; Being the "Second Series" of the Legends of the American Revolution of, "1776"
by George Lippard
Philadelphia, PA: T.B. Peterson & Brothers, 1876.
Softback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Volume displays commensurate toning and wear to covers, with a well-preserved interior.
- Covers feature line illustrations to accompany text, and exhibit some notable edgewear with chipping and toning.
- Wraps display overall toning, darkening, smudges, as well as some pink staining on front. (See photos)
- Spine has text and is toned and darkened, with a small chip at head. Also, it has a 0.75" long chip going into text from foot and continuing .75" onto back. (See photos)
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are well preserved, and only scarcely affected by toning and occasional spots.
- Interior is mildly toned with occasional damp stains, mostly marginal, including a persistent damp stain with some light wear along fore edge of first 34 pages. (See photos)
- Foot of text block has deckled edges with longest showing some folding and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages occasionally display some spots going into text throughout. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
188 pages with 9 pages of books by same publisher. 6.5 x 10 inches.
This is a collection of anecdotes on the American Revolution, included in the Second Series of books on American history by the same author. They feature episodes on Washington's Christmas, the Battle of Monongahela and Herbert Tracy or The Legend of the Black Rangers.
Illustrated in B&W throughout. Nine pages of other books by same publisher.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore