WAGING PEACE, 1956-1961: THE WHITE HOUSE YEARS, by Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1965 [Limited Signed First Edition]
Waging Peace, 1956-1961: The White House Years
by Dwight D. Eisenhower
Special, signed, limited first edition of 1500 copies, of which 1434 are numbered and signed by the author. This is copy #657. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday and Company Inc., 1965.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a VERY GOOD slip case
- Slip case covered in ecru paper with title plate applied on one side, in olive with gold lettering. A few small abrasions to the title plate along one edge; please see photographs for details of condition.
- Boards covered in tan cloth. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has title plate in olive green with gold stamped lettering. One corner shows a slight bump. See photos for details of condition.
- Binding feels unread.
- Illustrated endpapers show little sign of age or wear; one small scrape inside front cover. Please see photo for condition.
- Illustrated with gatherings of photographic plates, which are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block has deckle fore edges.
- Mylar DJ protecting cover boards.
23 pages prefatory material plus 741 pages. Appendices and index follow text. 6.5 x 9.5 inches.
Library of Congress Card Number 65-19046
A very well kept copy of Waging Peace, the second volume of President Dwight D. Eisenhower's account of his presidential years. This volume covers the years of Eisenhower's second presidential term.
A special limited edition, this book, #657 of the run of 1500 books, is signed inside the half title page. To all appearances, the book has remained unread and well preserved.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore